Saturday, August 7, 2010

Road to Recovery

I finally got to ride my bicycle again. This past Wednesday marked the twelfth week since my surgery. To give you a quick update I am doing excellent I mean I am really doing well. I am able to bend down and tie my shoes (which was something I was not able to do just a few short weeks ago). I am living pain free and no limp both of these things are Huge! I had been living in so much pain and discomfort it was not even funny. Now that has all changed.

I did my first ride since March 4th this past Thursday and I will admit that it was hard. I knew that I was going to lose some form, but my god I did not think that I would have lost as much as I did. The ride started innocently enough. Everyone thought that my first ride was not going to until this coming Tuesday. I purposely parked away from the other riders quietly got ready and came around in my kit ready to ride to everyone's amazement. I was asked if the doctor knew I was riding and more importantly if yellowbandchef knew.

I decided that I would call the ride and was promptly told that the ride was already called. I had to use my Director Sportif right and stated since I am the director the ride was being called by me. The ride I selected was laps in and around Capital City and Silver Lake until I had enough and then the group could what they wanted. My ride lasted for 16 1/2 miles and took 1hr 26 mins to complete. At the end of the ride my legs were jello. It was harder than I thought it would be but it felt great to be back. I am planning to ride tomorrow. The long road to get back has started and I am Ready.

Ciao

Sir Johnny Rotten

No comments:

Post a Comment